On Tuesday my dear talented blogger friend Taylor Lynn (of Perfectly Sensible Nonsense & Dreams of Fae) nominated me for an award...
I graciously accept and am very flattered to be chosen by a beautiful blogger, whose blog I absolutely looooove reading!! Now that I've accepted here are the guidelines...
1. Thank and link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Share seven random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to five deserving bloggy buddies.
4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them.
So here is my acceptance speech (or 7 facts about me)...
1. I have 4 tattoos.
The first I got in 2004 on a very random sporadic weekend trip to Dallas with an ex boyfriend. I picked it off the wall of Tiggers and had them shrink it so it would fit on my ankle.... I braced myself and squeezed his hand really hard, expecting it to hurt like hell... but it didn't. at all, actually.
So I got another... this one I was prepared for and drew myself. I'm a Leo, so the antenna is an upside down Leo symbol and the wings are fire because I'm a fire sign. I got it on my let calf while I was with 2 old friends in Wichita Falls, TX in 2005. and for the record... the color over the black outline did hurt like hell!
The third one I had specially designed for me by a friend of a friend in OKC in 2007. The wings are lemon slices because my boyfriend's nickname for me is Lemonbug.
The fourth I also got done in OKC with my darling friend Courtney. It is a Celtic tree of life and I got it done in 2009.
2. My very first concert was New Kids on the Block when I was in 2nd grade at Alpine Valley just outside of Milwaukee. My mom took me :)
3. I have a bad habit of starting projects and then leaving them 1/2 completed. I think I have creative attention deficit disorder. So many projects, so little time.
4.I have watched the movie Love Actually so many times that I am on my 3rd DVD.
5. When I was little, I wanted to be a teacher when I grew up... too bad my patience didn't fully develop as I aged! Now I'm majoring in Graphic Communications and want to be a sustainable graphic designer.
6. I collect books and magazines. a girl can never have too many!
7. I have been a vegetarian since the middle of March and I'm perfectly content :)
Now to nominate some fellow well-deserving bloggers that I enjoy reading....
Melinda of Inspiration Earth
One of my favorite blogs and the mom of two of my favorite bloggers... Her blog inspires me, makes me laugh, and has helped me along my journey to self discovery. (and I'm absolutely obsessed with her lip balm and body scrub!)
Kelli Smith of Art by Kelli Smith
She's a very talented painter that I found on Etsy that thinks outside of the box and paints on things other than canvas!
Courtney of The Everything Soap Blog
I love her blog and her soap is a.maz.ing (I use the solid shampoo and conditioner bars from her shop).
Heather Rae of Heather Rae's Creations and Heather Rae's Musings
I love reading her blog! Her pictures are amazing and she is so creative!
Jenna of jennasaurus
I love reading (and seeing pictures of) her adventures and her latest creations.... everything from zombies to Disney characters!
I highly recommend all of the blogs above... so check them out and follow them, if you're not already :)
Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you
|the creative wacky genius... Salvador Dali|