I was in a bit of a panic all day but it all went smoothly... my paintings are hung in The Wine Gallery and I painted while talking to quite a few people last night. It was a little bit awkward standing while painting, but the people were all very nice and interested in what I was doing and it really helped that Amber, Amber & her mom, Angie, Cindi & her cousin, and Diana all showed up! Thank you girls! Just having you there made me feel more comfortable and confident!
So here's the painting I worked on...
Now for a few more things I'm thankful for this week:
- Thank you to the great people of Oklahoma for voting for Sally Kern. Apparently Sally believes that women don't make as much a men do 'because they all tend to spend more time at home with their families' and that 'minorities earn less than white people because they don't work as hard and have less initiative'. Her and other members of the Oklahoma House of Representatives approved a proposed constitutional amendment to eliminate affirmative action in state government yesterday. She's also been in the news for years preaching about the sins of homosexuality. WTF were you thinking when you voted for this lady OK?!
- I'd also like to thank Governor Mary Fallin for signing 2 anti-abortion bills on her 100th day of being Governor. Thank you for taking away a woman's right to choose. I'd also like to politely note that I did NOT vote for her.
I'm very thankful....
- for painting and the beautiful release it gives me.
- for the lovely beautiful people who appreciate my paintings and all the hours I put into it.
- that the sun is outside my window shining after many days of wind and rain.
- that I start my new job on Monday! I don't miss the heels but I miss the bi-weekly paychecks!
- that Miranda will be here tomorrow!
- for dark chocolate almond milk. mmmmmm.
- for the nice people at Applebee's who made a Paradise Chicken Salad -minus the chicken- for me last night! oh, and a side of red potatoes and a skinny margarita!
- for my grade in math... I thought for sure that I bombed my last test, and I found out on Tuesday that I actually got a 92%! Which makes my overall grade in Business Math 98.89%... only one more test to go :)