I'm thankful for....
- music (specifically Ours by the Bravery because I'm obsessed... I'm listening to it right now)
- kale (my new favorite snack)
- the hr dept at school for hiring me as an assistant!
- Miranda for making the trip to see me next week :)
- living though all the stupid crap I did as a teenager (ok, ok... and as a twenty something) it really is amazing that I am alive to write this today.
- Melinda, for writing the sweetest note after receiving my painting
- kleenex, for being there for me after reading the note Melinda sent me
- paint, if not for liquid colors to put on something I would be lost
- animals. I'm so thankful I haven't eaten them in over a month!
- the opportunity to paint in front of people on the 27th. even though I'm extremely nervous.
Hearthside by Dorothy Parker
| Half across the world from me|
Lie the lands I'll never see-
I, whose longing lives and dies
Where a ship has sailed away;
I, that never close my eyes
But to look upon Cathay.
Things I may not know nor tell
Wait, where older waters swell;
Ways that flowered at Sappho's tread,
Winds that sighed in Homer's strings,
Vibrant with the singing dead,
Golden with the dust of wings.
Under deeper skies than mine,
Quiet valleys dip and shine.
Where their tender grasses heal
Ancient scars of trench and tomb
I shall never walk: nor kneel
Where the bones of poets bloom.
If I seek a lovelier part,
Where I travel goes my heart;
Where I stray my thought must go;
With me wanders my desire.
Best to sit and watch the snow,
Turn the lock, and poke the fire.