Don't get me wrong, I may be known for making sporadic, spur of the moment, impulsive decisions, but this was well thought out and very calculated. I talked to several mac owners, my professor, my sister (who's about to graduate with a bachelors in Graphic Design next month) and everyone highly recommended that I purchase this. I've been spending my Mondays at school in the Mac Lab working on InDesign and Photoshop homework and projects and I felt owning a mac would not only save me from having to sit in class all monday, but also give me more opportunity to familiarize myself with the programs I'm going to be using. I debated between the macbook and the macbook pro... after surveying several apple junkies, I went with the pro. It wasn't that much more and it has more to offer. Plus I got a student discount on the computer and the protection plan, although even with that by the time I bought the computer, protection plan, and ordered Adobe CS5 on amazon, I spent close to $2k yesterday, which makes my heart palpitate. severely.
Moving on... I'd like to eventually get on somewhat of a blogging schedule, I even brainstormed and wrote down some ideas over spring break... but I'm always thinking of something new so I don't know it I can blog in a structured manner just yet... but today is a small step in that direction. I'm dedicating Thursdays to everything I'm thankful for. I have a lot to be thankful for and to help me better appreciate and put that into perspective I'm going to focus on it once a week.
This week I am thankful for :
- hot coffee in my Sea World mug
- my patient, workaholic bf, Jeremy, who makes it possible for me to concentrate on school without working full-time... ty!
- the student loans I received to make it possible for my fingers to be clicking away on the beautiful back-lit keyboard of my exquisite macbook pro (and the salesperson who helped me after questioning me for 10 minutes... apparently he's not used to girls knowing precisely what they want because he looked at me like I was craaaazy when I walked in and told him exactly what I wanted without even looking... I prefer to research from the comfort of my home rather than in a store under watchful eyes and persuasive tongues of salespeople)
- an email I received from an owner of the OKC Wine Gallery, who wants to meet with me today between classes to discuss hanging 7 of my paintings in his store for the month of May!!!!!!! plus painting during a wine tasting in April!!!!!
- the meeting I have tomorrow with Kristen, the Executive Director for the Plaza District Association, to discuss how I can help out. I've been meaning to do this for a while and I'm so happy I finally did! I love the Plaza District and figure while I'm looking for a flexible job I might as well put my extra time to good use and volunteer. I'm also on the Plaza District Festival Planning Committee... first meeting next Wednesday! Getting involved makes me giddy :)
- lastly, I'm thankful for the amazing new purse I bought yesterday. I had a dream the other night about this purse... maybe because I've been wanting one for a while but haven't found the right one. So when I saw it hanging there, all by itself, I knew it was meant to be... It fits me way more than my pretty little pink coach purse... and it was 1/6 the price of my little miss Zooey Coach purse.... and much more colorful. :) I went into Target to find a tote for my macbook, and came out with a purse, 3 hoodies for Jeremy, a heather grey set of king size jersey knit sheets and the new Oprah magazine. success.
|loooove new purses!|